Select a letter to find a celeb
Name: Ed Sheeran
DOB: 17 February 1991
Birth Place: Halifax, United Kingdom
Claim to fame: Flame-haired singer/songwriter
- Ed's album + sold more than 1 million copies
- Ed's teetotal and even took a bottle of squash to the Brit Awards
- His mum designs and makes jewellery, which Kate Middleton's been spotted wearing
- Ed used to sing in a church choir with his mum when he was four-years-old
- The first concert he ever attended was Damien Rice
Ed Sheeran and his ginger locks rose to fame in 2011 when he released his first single The A Team. The Halifax-born singer had become something of a YouTube sensation before he was signed to Asylum Records and self-released 3 EP’s collaborating with artists such as: Wiley, JME and Devlin.
Ed has become known worldwide for his soulful voice and clever rapping, combined with his sensitive lyrics about drugs, prostitutes and miscarriages. He has been dubbed one of the best songwriters to come from the UK and has recently written songs with Taylor Swift and boy band One Direction.
The star that admits he likes Lego so much he wrote a song about it even managed to get the Harry Potter star Rupert Grint to star in his music video as a stalker, which made gingers seriously cool. In 2012 he won two Brit Awards and is going on tour with pop star Taylor Swift.