Select a letter to find a celeb
Name: Jason Orange
DOB: 10 July 1970
Birth Place: Manchester, United Kingdom
Claim to fame: Singer
- Jason was born in the North Manchester town of Crumpsall and lived there until his days in Take That.
- He left school with no qualifications and trained to be a painter and decorator.
- Jason can break-dance! He used to be a member of the Manchester-based Street Machine "crew".
- He has a twin brother called Justin as well as 3 other brothers.
- Jason was the only member of Take That who didn't continue a musical career. Instead he went to university and tried his hand at acting.
Jason gained popularity in the nineties as a member of Take That. Jason was adored by Take That’s female fan base and known for his super slick dance routines of which he choreographed with band mate Howard. No surprise before Take That Jason was a professional dancer and known for his break dancing skills.
After Take That split in 1996, Jason was the only member of Take That who didn’t try out a solo career. Instead Jason has a dabble in acting, accompanying Max Beesley who played drums for Take That, to New York to study acting. Jason appeared in a number of TV shows before putting his acting career to one side because he couldn’t stand the pressure of the audition circuit. He has since revealed that he also used this time to attend college and achieved A Levels in psychology, history and biology.
Since Take That Jason has had a chance to finally exercise his vocal chords. After sticking to more dancing than singing the first time round Jason was given the chance to take lead vocals on the track "How Did It Come To This" from The Circus album. Jason also showed off his arty side by providing the album artwork for Progress.
Jason is still very much a single man and has no children.