Select a letter to find a celeb
Name: Toni Warne
Birth Place: Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Claim to fame: Contestant on The Voice
- Toni appeared on Opportunity Knocks when she was just nine-years-old
- “I chose this because it is called The Voice – it is not about covering up anymore.”
- Toni has been compared to singing superstar Adele.
- When Toni appeared on Opportunity Knocks, she sang Michael Jackson’s hit single Ben, with the help of her pet hamster.
- Toni’s sat on Bob Hoskins’ shoulders.
Twenty-five years ago, Toni Warne knocked the nation’s socks off when she appeared on the talent show that started them all; Opportunity Knocks.
Toni, then nine, impressed the judges of the show – including Bob Hoskins – with her rendition of Michael Jackson’s Ben. She went on to release a single that spent four weeks in the charts, but like many other child performers, struggled to keep people interested once she became an adult.
A long-time sufferer of alopecia, Toni Warne came to The Voice’s blind auditions with very little self-confidence. But after her impressive version of Will Young’s smash hit Leave Right Now, the judges decided to give her another shot at the big time. Tom, Danny and Jessie all turned for the 34-year-old, and after a tearful exchange, Toni chose Jessie as her mentor.
Toni came up against Kirsten Joy in the battle rounds, singing Think by Aretha Franklin. Although Kirsten was a worthy opponent, it was Toni who Jessie chose to take through with her to the live finals.
Since leaving the show Toni has been performing gigs around the UK.