heat was at the National Television Awards last night, here is what happened.
* Davina McCall clapped herself for an award, and had a micro nap on husband Matthew’s shoulder in the commercial break
* Matt Cardle gave Cheryl Cole his bottle of water putting her water needs before his, Cheryl sat in silence until camera was on her.
* Simon Cowell rocked out to Matt Cardle’s performance. He was vigorously moving his head backwards and forwards. It was the most movement we’ve ever seen Simon do.
* Jennifer Metcalfe made sure than she had Dancing on Ice partner and new boyfriend Sylvain by her side all night after asking ITV to sort him out a ticket.
An insider told heat, “It’s absolutely impossible to get tickets for all the pro-skaters but she really wanted him here so we had to pull some strings. Usually with reality TV shows there’s that will they/won’t they thing but with these two they already are. It’s completely the real deal they’re absolutely smitten with each other. They snuck off together earlier to go home; they can’t keep their hands off each other.”
* Cricketer Alistair Cook was the people’s choice for ‘hot man’ of the evening with everyone from the Hollyoaks girls to Sam Faiers checking him out. He looked uncomfortable with all the attention he was getting from the girls he said it just wasn't really his thing, "I play sport I'm not a celebrity."
* Alesha Dixon couldn’t walk in her heels so she had to get a pregnant Holly to help her walk onto stage.
* Poor Stacey Soloman’s feet were hurting so much that she had to take her shoes off and have a sit down and chat with the Hollyoaks girls.
* Loose Women have become firm fans of The Only Way Is Essex lot and pestered Sam Faiers and Arg up for pictures while they were sitting in the audience. Carol McGiffin left almost immediately after Loose Women didn't win the award, complaining that she was tired and her feet hurt.
* Mark Wright was playing games with Sam Faiers all night as Sam announced, “Mark text me saying Amy’s got a great rack what's he playing at?”
Sam Faiers then tried to play Mark by telling him she had a hot man she was checking out but he tried to bat her off in front of everyone saying loudly, “am I bothered? Do I look like I’m bothered?”.
It obviously had some effect though as the pair left together later that evening.
Amy Childs and Sam Faiers aren't talking to each other - Sam said they'd had a massive falling out
* Gillian McKeith said she might be back in a swimsuit soon - "I loved the heat shoot - you made me look great. I really liked it."
* Nick Hewer said: "Of course I miss Margaret. She's a very powerful woman." He doesn't fancy Karen Brady. "She's great, but no-one can replace Margaret."
* Bronagh Waugh wants a big fat gypsy wedding and wants it to be written in to the storyline in Hollyoaks: "We really want a gypsy wedding. We'd love those lights on a dress - that was amazing. All we need to do now is convince the writers to get it in there"
* Josie Gibson got the whole VIP section to their feet when Chilean miners came onto stage.
* Benedict Cumberbatch told heat he would've loved to stay all night but he had to take his elderly (his words) parents home.