Today Prince William turns 30. Happy Birthday, Wills *Blows on paper party horn, throws streamers*
To celebrate this occasion we’ve put together a gallery looking back at William’s life, and unearthed some fun facts about our future King. William, meanwhile, is said to be celebrating this evening with wife Kate Middleton, and will join the rest of his family for a lowkey party this weekend. Fun times!
- William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor was born on June 21, 1982 at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, west London, weighing 7lbs 5oz.
- His nicknames have included Big Willie, P.Willie, Wills, Billy, Wombat, Prince of Wails, and His Naughtiness. We like Big Willie best *snickers*
- Wills and Kate’s wedding last year was watched by 24.5m people in the UK and an estimated two billion people around the world.
- He’s competitive with younger brother Harry. Who’d win in an arm wrestling match? Wills, of course. “It’s not even a contest,” he reckons.
- William and Kate’s favourite song is reportedly I Like The Way You Move by the Bodyrockers. Don’t worry, we’re cringing too!
- He might be good at Princely stuff like polo and shooting, but he can’t cook! “When I was trying to impress Kate I was trying to cook these amazing fancy dinners and what would happen was I would burn something, something would overspill, something would catch fire.” Still, it all worked out in the end.
- Wills’ colleagues at RAF Valley in Anglesey in Wales love to play practical jokes on the Prince. “We've spent a few pounds on Kate and William memorabilia and strategically secreted it around the place so he might open a locker and find stuff, or find his own face on a cushion or see his own face on a cup when you give him a cup of tea,” one anonymous co-worker confessed.