Since the news broke of Kristen Stewart’s affair with director Rupert Sanders, support for heartbroken Robert Pattinson has snowballed. His latest band of supporters are the couple’s Twilight co-stars, who are reportedly siding with the 26-year-old.
“They’ll rally around Rob. He is the nicest guy. They can’t believe Kristen did this to him.”
Looks like she won’t be sharing anyone’s popcorn at the upcoming Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 premiere then.
If the rumours are true and the cast have taken R-Patz’s side, they would be joining a rather large queue of supportive shoulders to cry on.
• Kristen’s Snow White And The Huntsman co-star Charlize Theron was said to be livid on hearing the news – siding immediately with both the innocent parties, Rob and Rupert’s wife, Liberty Ross.
• Katy Perry has apparently offered him a box of Kleenex, knowing too well the heartache of break-ups. According to reports, the Firework singer has “been a rock” to him.
• Reece Witherspoon has gone the whole hog by letting her Water For Elephants co-star hide out in her $7 million ranch in California.
Kristen hasn’t been totally shunned however. Despite her mistakes – empathy has been coming from some corners for the 22-year-old.
• Her on-screen mum, Jodie Foster from the film Panic Room, has apparently been giving the naïve star some advice on how to handle the press.
• Producer Giovanni Agnelli is also on her side; defending her with a series of tweets, including: “Before tweeting me your hatred, know that she's like my little sister. I love her and will always defend her.”
The countdown begins
The release of Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 may not be until 16 November, but the cast will soon be back together on the publicity train for the film. Awkward situation alert.
Despite everything though, the cast are hoping that this scandal won’t affect the film’s box office success. Christian Serratos who plays Angela in the trilogy made her feelings clear in an interview last week.
“Of course people are fans of us now, but I think above anything, they're fans of these characters. I don't think anyone's really going to give a shit. They're going to see the movie; it's going to be awesome."
Oh how we would love to be a fly on that red carpet.