We originally published this article back in November, but last night Girls Aloud announced they were splitting for good. Reading these hilarious quotes have helped stem our tears a little though, so we thought we'd share them with you again...
Hands up if you think Girls Aloud’s reunion is the best thing to happen in the pop universe since, well, Girls Aloud were formed 10 years ago.
We’ve been beside ourselves with excitement at Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts and Sarah Harding’s return to our lives with amazing comeback single Something New.
But if we had to pick our favourite thing about Girls Aloud being back it might have to be the return of brilliantly bonkers Nadine’s one liners.
“We don’t have any media training,” she told Nick Grimshaw at the start of the week. We believe you Nadine, we believe you – but please, never change and keep on blurting out amazingly random quotes for the entertainment of Alouders the world over.
And for everybody’s enjoyment here are a few of Nadine’s best quotes from the last week:
- [On Girls Aloud once busy work schedule] “We used to work eight days a week. We were abused.”
- [About Sarah’s dog] “Your dog is a bit of a defecator.”
- [On twitter hashtags] “I have love and hates with hashtags”
- [After saying the word piss-take] “If you’re offended by that you need to get out more.”
- Kimberley: “We’re not scary, I promise.”
Nadine [interrupting]: “It depends what kind of mood we’re in. Any of us could be extremely scary at any time.”
- [What would she say is Justin Bieber hit on her?] “Well Justin, sit down son, a minute til I talk to yea. It’s a long life, you’re only young. There’s no point in messing wi a woman like me.
“Wait a few more years, get a few more years’ experience and come back to me.”
- [On her preference for young men] “Young boys have more energy.”
- [On the band partying] “Everyone can get buck wild.”
- [On getting drunk with Nicola] “We were drinking wine flavoured lemonade. Someone tricked us, they tricked us!”
- “A decade [in music]. This is longer than school!”
And as an extra little treat, here's a behind-the-scenes video from the girls' Something New shoot.