Exciting news for all you Sex And The City fans – there’s a new Carrie in town! AnnaSophia Robb has been cast as young version of everyone’s favourite fashion-loving New Yorker in the upcoming SATC TV prequel The Carrie Diaries - reports HollywoodLife.com.
Until today AnnaSophia was totally off our radar, but a quick Google search tells us that the 18-year-old actress has previously been seen as Violet Beauregarde in Tim Burton’s Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, as well as appearing in Soul Surfer and the Race To Witch Mountain.
At this stage the show’s makers are only producing a pilot of The Carrie Diaries, which is based on Candace Bushnell’s 2010 novel of the same name, which follows Carrie during her senior year of high school before she moves to the Big Apple. We can’t imagine that it won’t be a huge hit with audiences though, so we expect to see a full series.
Do you think AnnaSophie is a worthy successor to Sarah Jessica Parker?
Five things you need to know about AnnaSophia Robb
1. AnnaSophie played a young Rachel Bilson in Jumper
2. She has a song on the soundtrack to the film Bridge To Terabithia, she also won best Leading Young Actress at the Young Artist Awards for her part in the film
3. AnnaSophia competed in dance and gymnastics competitions as a child, but gave up to focus on her acting career
4. She is of English, Scottish, Danish, Swedish, and Irish descent
5. She was the face of Trad Clothing – modeling and designing a range for girls