She might be a little late in jumping on the dip-dye wagon but that hasn't stopped Lauren Conrad dipping her tips Pink.
The blonde star debuted her Pink locks at a signing for her new book, The Fame Game, in LA the other day. Rather than going for a slightly more popular pastel shade, Lauren chose a deep cerise Pink giving her curly pony a boost of fun.
Lauren gave fans a preview of her new do on her Instagram, first showing a picture of a bowl of Pink dye with the caption "Think Pink ;-)" followed by an image of her Pink tips captioned, "My Little (Pink) Pony!". Cute!
Curious, we asked Jason Cocking, celeb hairstylist and director of Lisa Shepherd London, to guide us through a Lauren C-esque 'do...
I love Lauren's fuchsia tresses and think it’s a real hit in terms of hairstyle and hair colour. She has made a brave move away from the original and somewhat typical LA look, whilst incorporating colour that is still on bang on trend and catwalk led.
This look will work on all hair types and is easy to recreate at home...
• Firstly, divide hair up into four sections. Place each section of hair into a ponytail, so that you are left with two on each side and two secured at the back of the head. Work out how high you want the dip-dye to go and place masking tape around each section of hair at the chosen level.
• Ensure that all pieces of masking tape are secured at the same height in order to create the perfect overall look. Dampen the ends of the hair with water and apply colour, this will enable the hair to soak up the colour and give you a natural bleed.
• Take off the marker and twist the bottom of the hair as this not only pushes the colour up, but also gives you that professional fade you are aiming to get.
• Continue to apply the colour in stages until you have reached the strength and depth you are looking.
• Finally, rinse the ends of the hair until water runs clear and blow dry to create the perfect dip-dyed look.