Gary Barlow has revealed he won’t be at tomorrow’s X Factor press launch ‘due to personal circumstances’.
Gary is not yet ready to return to work after suffering a heart-breaking tragedy recently. Gary’s wife Dawn gave birth to a stillborn baby named Poppy on 4 August, and he is understandably still grieving.
The event is set to feature the new line-up of judges and a screening of the first episode of the new series.
An X Factor spokesperson told the Mail Online: “Due to personal circumstances Gary Barlow won’t be attending the press launch for The X Factor this week but he has been in touch with production to wish everyone well.”
Gary’s fellow judges, Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and newbie Nicole Scherzinger are still due to attend the promotional event.
This year’s X Factor talent
When asked about this year's X Factor talent Gary recently said: “I think it’s been extraordinary this year. Everybody thinks so. I have even heard cameramen saying to each other that it’s such a massive improvement on last year.
“The standard has definitely gone up a few notches. I think the audience is going to love it."
He added: “The category to watch is the Overs. The Overs category hasn’t been taken that seriously in the last few years but it has turned into the biggest contender this year. The standard is superb.”
Gary bravely performed at the Olympics Closing Ceremony with his band Take That on Sunday night, despite still being ‘utterly devastated’.
Gary’s representatives released this tragic statement breaking the news of baby Poppy’s passing just over a week ago on his behalf: "Dawn and I are devastated to announce that we’ve lost our baby. Poppy Barlow was delivered stillborn on August 4th in London.
"Our focus now is giving her a beautiful funeral and loving our three children with all our hearts.
"We’d ask at this painful time that our privacy be respected."