The X Factor is now in its ninth year and over that time we've seen pop stars annually manufactured faster than you can say, "Oh yeah, I forgot about them."
Each year without fail, ever more wannabe popstars clad in their sunday best begin their pilgrimage towards a soulless, vast conference centre, where they'll sit for 188 hours before warbling their hearts out for a vastly improbable chance of some short-lived, self-defining notoriety.
Today he might just be Brian the assistant colourist from Kool Cutz Hair Salon in Scunthorpe, but tomorrow he could be Brian from The X Factor, who rubs shoulders with the likes of Joe McElderry, Shayne Ward and Olly Murs at the press launch of a new spreadable cheese or a Windows smartphone.
Anyway, whatever you make of The X Factor, there are some interesting facts about it that I have put into this lovely inforgraphic for you.
· The oldest contestant to audition in 2012 was 77
· “We Found Love” by Rihanna was the most popular audition song
· Dermot O’Leary handed out 800 hugs, spend 65 hours filming and spoke to over 900 people
· Over 10,000 bottles of water were drunk at the auditions this year!
· There were over a million applicants
· The X-Factor has over 5.5 million likes on Facebook
And our favourite, the excuses for a bad audition;
· “I’ve got a sore throat” · “I haven’t had time to learn the words”
· “My microphone was too loud”
· “I couldn’t hear myself”
Enjoy it via your face.